3 August 2013

Catho's Marine Top.

This week I received a package over the post. One of my dear friends from the Netherlands sent it to me. It contained the latest issue of Knippie, my favourite sewing magazine, some typical Dutch ribbons and a lovely little dress for Marie. 
Isn't that awfully sweet! 


Marlous (my friend) has a girl only two months younger than Marie. This means there's always a lot we can share. So it won't be a surprise that I do miss her sometimes.
Obviously, a present like this asks for a big thank you. So I selected my favourite fabrics and went to work.
I made Catho (her daughter) this marine theme top. I hope her daddy likes it as well, since he loves to sail.  


I used one of the patterns from the Knippie, which is also available as a pdf pattern online. I think it's a lovey pattern, and I'm sure going to make Marie one or to of these tops as well. 


5 comments:

  1. What a sweet little dress :) I am a huge fan of simple styles. They are great to show off cute fabric. They are usually super wearable. And simple patterns are like blank canvas - one can do so many different things with them, imagination is the only limit :)Love the fabrics on this dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just the cutest little dress! I love those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabric you used for the lining! Where did you buy it? I live in the Netherlands, too, so hopefully I can get it somewhere!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz,
      I'm sorry to let you know that we're living in Australia at the moment, and that I bought the fabric here.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous8/17/2013

    Dearest Sewing Mum..I feel honored!!! I did not see this post before yet, and will definetely send you a photo of Catho wearing it :). Lots of Love from Leiden xxx

    ReplyDelete